New Music New College
The New Music New College program believes in the power of contemporary music to open our eyes and ears to new perspectives, to foster a community that values diverse experiences, and to help us imagine new possibilities - even as we acknowledge our historical roots. Of course, these are the virtues of a liberal arts education; they reflect NMNC's identity as a vital part of New College of Florida.
Here are just a few concrete examples of how your support can help us:
- $10 pays for one hour of a student’s time to staff our concerts (box office check in and sales, hand out programs, video camera operators, and tech assistants—as many as 10 students per event, for from two to eight hours)
- $370 pays for printing costs for the programs for one concert
- $700 (on average) pays for transportation to Sarasota for one of our visiting artists
- $4,000–12,000 pays for a visiting artist or group for one concert
- $13,500 pays for three Hi-Def video cameras, so we can document our concerts properly
Any and all contributions are appreciated and will enable New Music New College to continue to bring the best of the NEW to Sarasota and foster our ongoing conversation about music, art and life.